That crackling sound you just heard was my brain. Posting will probably continue to be light in the next week or two, I’m awash in deadlines! Here’s a list to give you an idea of what I’m juggling…
- I just finished writing 3 spinning-related articles for various fall magazines.
- The 60 projects for the two Potter Craft books I’m editing have arrived and are being catalogued, poked and prodded to make sure all is wellÂ before they go off for their photographic closeup (and yes, I said sixty… you should’ve seen my dining room table before the packages were opened! I’m convinced my mail carrier hates me now).
- Shot some photos for the sewing book Xan and I are writing this summer. We ran around to various interesting spots to take them, so the backseat of my car is now a portable photo studio.
- Starting to finish up Crochet Style, for which I wrote the textÂ (it features designs by the lovely Kristina Ramos & Cecily Keim, and tech editing by the lifesaving Julie Holetz). The publisher’s latest unusual request? A scanned copy of my signature, to put under my introduction.
- Cleaned my studio. I just couldn’t take it anymore! Yarn and fiber duly stored away from curious kitten paws, almost all pieces parts of my 2 Denise needle kits accounted for… and it only took two whole days!
- Editing Felt Frenzy: the final bits are starting to come together
- Prepping for our fall book tour: we’re getting all the appearance dates sorted out, so stay tuned, we’ll have full info soon. Or check out the tour’s page on MySpace. Some shops have asked for spinning demos, too, which I’m happy to oblige.
- Speaking of MySpace: join my spinning group there, if you like
- Getting materials ready for teaching at this show. Kansas City, here I come! While I’m there, I may also do an event with Nikol Lohr, whose Disgruntled Housewife site I’ve been reading for ages. Not only does she have a very cool new knitting book coming out, but you can even go to her Yarn SchoolÂ shortly before I arrive!
InÂ short, I’ve got a lot on my mind.Â There are things that make up for it, though. Amy sent chocolate in her latest package (she’s also on the Crochet Style dream team; unbeknownst to me, the publisher hired her to doÂ a final read-through!) and I have the phone number of a massage therapist on speed dial if it comes to that. Last but not least, two people who are making things easier on me by tech editing (and, in the case of the latter, by being the bestest co-author in the world): Kristi and Heather.
I haven’t forgotten about you, dear readers… I’m just busy making more stuff for you to read!