Finalists have been named for Craftrendsâ€™ Awards of Creative Excellence (ACE), formerly known as the Awards of Excellence. Winners will be revealed at the Craft & Hobby Association Winter Show in Anaheim, California, in January 2007.
Entries were judged on overall quality, originality, attractiveness, clarity of instructions, retail support, advertising/marketing support, and whether the products and books met consumer needs.
The knitting and crochet books in the running are:
- Interweave Press, One Skein: 30 Quick Projects to Knit & Crochet
- Quayside Publishing Group, Scarves and Shawls for Yarn Lovers
- Quayside Publishing Group, SweetBabe.comâ€™s Fabulous & Flirty Crochet
- Watson-Guptill Publications, Knitgrrl 2
- Watson-Guptill Publications, Melissa Leapman’s Knitting Beyond Scarves
As if I didn’t already want to go to the CHA show! (Martha Stewart is giving the keynote this year — hey Martha! want a real Apprentice? I’m your grrl!)