Chronicle (publisher of my book The Pillow Book, and one of my favorite publishers around, all things considered) is doing a contest called Happy Haul-idays. Here’s the scoop:
It’s been a tough year for non-profits, libraries, reading rooms, and literacy programs. But you can make your favorite charity’s holiday season bright by entering the 2nd Annual Happy Haul-idays Giveaway!
This year, we’re not only giving away up to $500 worth of Chronicle books to one lucky blogger and one commenter on the winning blog postâ€”we’re also asking the winning blogger to choose one charity to receive up to $500 of books from us. It’s just our way of spreading holiday cheer and sharing the gift of reading.
I’ve chosen Project Learn, a local (Cleveland-based) charity whose mission is to promote adult literacy and education. So, without further ado…my books!
- Pattern Making by Dennic Chunman Lo
- Craft, Inc. (Revised Edition): The Ultimate Guide to Turning Your Creative Hobby into a Successful Business by Meg Mateo Ilasco
- The Liberty Book of Home Sewing
- Little Bits Quilting Bee: 20 Quilts Using Charm Squares, Jelly Rolls, Layer Cakes, and Fat Quarters by Kathreen Ricketson
- Indie Craft by Jo Waterhouse
- Lotta Jansdotter’s Handmade Living
- Girl in the Kitchen: How a Top Chef Cooks, Thinks, Shops, Eats, and Drinks by Stephanie Izard with Heather Shouse
- Ruhlmanâ€™s Twenty: The Ideas and Techniques That Will Make You a Better Cook by Michael (Cleveland represent!) Ruhlman
- Plenty: Vibrant Vegetable Recipes from London’s Ottolenghi by Yotam Ottolenghi
- Lobel’s Meat Bible: All You Need to Know about Meat and Poultry from America’s Master Butchers
- Poulet: 160 Remarkable Recipes that Exalt the Honest Chicken by Cree LeFavour
- Sunday Roasts: A Yearâ€™s Worth of Mouthwatering Roasts, from Old-Fashioned Pot Roasts to Glorious Turkeys and Legs of Lamb by Betty Rosbottom
- Blackbird Bakery Gluten-Free: 75 Recipes for Irresistible Gluten-Free Desserts and Pastries by Karen Morgan
- Fresh from the Farmers’ Market: Year-Round Recipes for the Pick of the Crop by Janet Fletcher
- Rustica: A Return to Spanish Home Cooking by Frank Camorra and Richard Cornish
- Garden Anywhere: How to Grow Gorgeous Container Gardens, Herb Gardens, Kitchen Gardens and Moreâ€”Without Spending a Fortune by Alys Fowler
- Apartment Therapy Presents: Real Homes, Real People, Hundreds of Real Design Solutions
- From Seed to Skillet: A Guide to Growing, Tending, Harvesting, and Cooking Up Fresh, Healthy Food to Share with People You Love
You may sense a bit of a theme here…when I’m not doing something crafty, chances are I am cooking!
What books would you order, if you could? What are you reading these days? Don’t forget to comment — you might win, too!