I have to say, I love giving away prizes. Two new polls for you today, and even though the digital pattern poll is over, I’ve reopened it in case you’d like to add your 2 cents in (by request of some lovely Ravelry readers).
Ok — the new polls! Following on the heels of the last poll, I’d like to know more about your local yarn store, and your favorite stitch patterns. So many stores I’ve never even heard of were mentioned in the blog and poll comments, and with stitch patterns — hey, who doesn’t love those?!
I’m sweetening the deal on both of these. One poll-taker from each will win not only my entire pattern collection, but also a signed copy of one of my books and a $50 gift certificate to the yarn shop of their choice. (If you don’t have a preference one way or the other, the gift certificate will be for WEBS, aka yarn.com). Or, you can choose $50 in hand-dyed yarn from my own shop.
The rules for the store poll:
- There is no limit on the number of stores you can input, but it’s preferable if they’re local to you so you can tell us more about them.
- Each store you submit counts as one entry, so the more the merrier…round up all your local yarn stores!
- You may submit online-only stores *if* and only if you also input a local, physical store for each online-only entry. This is so we don’t have 1000 entries for, say, Etsy shops.
The rules for the stitch pattern poll:
- There is no limit on the number of stitch patterns you can input
- Please pay careful attention to the formatting directions: if you don’t format the stitch pattern as requested, your entry may be invalid.
If you’re one of the winners, I’ll email you directly using the email address you supplied. Limitations on mail sending to MANY recipients being what it is, I can’t mail all of you after the fact unless you join my opt-in mailing list. (It’s in the center column right under the Knitgrrl Pattern Shop image — see it?) My webhost is very, very strict about mailing lists, and — as I learned after the last poll — my account tends to freak out if I instead try to email 1000 of you at once, even if I break the list up into smaller groups. In the past 5 years I’ve only mailed the list about 19 times, so it’s quite low-volume. Why bother? Because after these new polls are over, I promise at least one free pattern for my mailing list and some other goodies, and you’ll want to be on it!
With that, here are the links, and good luck!
Feel free to repost about this poll on your blog, Twitter, Facebook or wherever else your knitterly friends congregate!